Off-Load Stress – Part 8: For Discussion And Reflection
- On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being best), evaluate how skilled you are at handling stress. Explain the reason for the number you chose.
- What stressful situation is uppermost in your mind right now?
- Do you plan to make use of the prayer in this chapter? Why or why not?
- How does prayerfully asking God to show you steps you can take to off-load your stress differ from just thinking about what to do on your own?
- Tell about a time you believe God answered your prayer and helped you during a time of stress.
- Is it appropriate for you to think of learning to offload stress as a skill you need to survive? Why or why not?
Sunday’s coming. Do you have your sermon ready? Is it relevant? Will it effectively motivate your congregation to walk more in step with the Master? What about that Sermon Series you’ve been thinking about?
Or, if you’re someone who plans well ahead, have you asked yourself what you will preach for your Easter Sermon, your Advent Sermon, your Christmas Sermon?
David Mains and Mainstay Ministries can help. We offer a wide variety of Sermon Starters and Full Sermons that will give you Sermon Ideas to help you prepare for regular Saturday or Sunday sermons, Mid-week Bible Sermons, and Sermons for special occasions.
We also offer assistance as you create Topical Sermons, Sermons Series, and sermons for special times of the year. We have resources available to help you with Advent Celebrations, Advent Sermons, Christmas Sermons, Easter Sunday Sermons, Patriotic Sermons, and more.
For more information on how to create better Bible Sermons and how to turn Sermon Ideas into Sermon Outlines, and then into effective, meaningful Sunday Sermons, please click here to visit David Mains’ website.
You will also find a variety of resources for pastors and congregations at the Mainstay Ministries website. Just click here.